The Best Alternative to Concrete RepairMarch 4, 2019 10:48 pm Leave your thoughts
One thing is inevitable with a concrete sidewalk: it’ll eventually crack, crumble or break apart. This presents a few problems. A broken sidewalk is unsightly and can eventually be a tripping hazard if it’s not taken care of in a timely manner. The traditional method of remedying a broken sidewalk is to tear it up and replace it with new concrete. Thankfully, that’s not your only course of action anymore.
Nowadays, you can have your sidewalk resurfaced using an epoxy seal that effectively acts as brand-new concrete without all of the intensive labor that goes into replacing a sidewalk. At Superior Products Inc., we can do more than just metal roofing in Alaska—we also fix concrete problems! Keep reading to learn more about concrete resurfacing.
Benefits of repair
We wouldn’t preach concrete resurfacing if it didn’t have a number of advantages over replacement. These are a few of the reasons why many people opt to resurface their concrete when it becomes cracked or damaged:
- Faster turnaround time: As you can imagine, replacing a concrete sidewalk is pretty time-consuming. Between tearing up the old concrete, laying the new concrete and then letting it dry, you’re looking at a multi-day project. That’s not ideal, especially if the project is taking place right outside of your business. Resurfacing your concrete with an epoxy, on the other hand, is a job that can be completed in less than a day.
- Resistant to further damage: Perhaps the best aspect of repairing your concrete is the fact that the epoxy protects it from damage in the future. Your concrete will be safe from water, ice, sand, salt and all of the other harmful elements that cause cracks and breaks in the first place.
- Less expensive: If you’ve ever had to replace your sidewalk before, you know that concrete isn’t an inexpensive material. Instead of coughing up thousands of dollars to get all new concrete and pay a few workers to do the job, just resurface it with an epoxy-resin overlay. If you’re trying to save some money while enhancing the appearance of your sidewalk, it doesn’t get much better than an epoxy seal.
- Smaller mess: Ripping up a sidewalk and laying new concrete is a messy job. All of that dust and chunks of old concrete are an eyesore, and the jackhammers and other tools required to remove the old concrete make quite the commotion. Luckily, resurfacing your concrete isn’t messy, and it doesn’t cause a ruckus!
- Color options: Finally, epoxy seals can come in a wide variety of different colors that’ll enhance the appearance of your sidewalk. From white to blue or even red, you can make your sidewalk any color you can think of. These fun colors can make your sidewalk (and your business) stand out amongst all of the others.
Whether you’re in need of new metal roofing in Alaska or resurfacing for your sidewalk, be sure to choose Superior Products Inc. to tackle the job. We offer the fastest service for the most competitive rates in town, so call us today to get a quote!
Categorised in: Metal Roofing
This post was written by Writer