Seven Benefits of Metal RoofingNovember 21, 2019 1:08 am Leave your thoughts
From asphalt shingles to terracotta tiles, there’s certainly no shortage of material options for roofs. However, your best bet for both homes and commercial buildings may in fact be metal. Keep reading to learn a few of the benefits of metal roofing in Alaska:
- Longevity: One of the top reasons many property owners opt for a metal roof is because it’s the last roof they’ll ever need. Asphalt shingles can last up to 20 years with proper maintenance. That may seem like a long time until you find out that metal can last 60 years or more!
- Durability: Metal is hands-down the most durable roofing material on the market. These roofs are meant to withstand everything Mother Nature throws at them. From high winds to pest infestations, there’s nothing a metal roof can’t handle. Additionally, most metal roofs are noncombustible and Class A fire-rated, which means they have the highest rating for fire safety.
- Maintenance: Homes with asphalt shingle roofs need to be cleaned and professionally inspected every few years to ensure the shingles are up to snuff and that there’s no underlying damage. That isn’t the case with a metal roof. Metal roofs require little to no maintenance. All you really need to do is clean out the gutters and maybe clean off your roof if it gets dirty.
- Appearance: You want your home or business to look its best, so choose metal roofing in Alaska! Metal comes in a variety of colors and styles to complement the look of your home or building. If you need help deciding which type of metal roof is right for you, just give us a call! Our experts will sit down with you and help you pick out the perfect roof for your house or commercial building.
- Eco-friendly option: Metal roofs are environmentally friendly for a couple of different reasons! First, all of the metal is recyclable should you ever need to replace your roof or remove portions of it. Second, some types of metal roofs, like aluminum, are made from recycled materials. Be a friend to the Earth, and choose a metal roof!
- Long-term savings: While it’s true that metal roofs are more expensive upfront than some other materials, they can also save you a ton of money over time. As we mentioned, asphalt shingles can last up to 20 years if you’re lucky. After that, your roof will need to be replaced, which will cost thousands of dollars. Since metal roofs last at least 60 years, installing one is a one-time investment! On top of that, metal roofs don’t necessitate expensive professional maintenance.
- Versatile uses: One of the best things about metal roofs is that they’re not just for homes! You can put a metal roof on a barn, shed, detached garage or even a commercial building. Regardless of where your metal roof goes, it’s guaranteed to look great!
Whether you’re building a new home or adding a new roof to your commercial building, be sure to choose our team at Superior Products, Inc. to install it! Give us a call today to learn more about the benefits of metal roofing in Alaska or to get an estimate for our services.
Categorised in: Metal Roofing
This post was written by Writer