How Adding a New Roof Can Add Value to Your HomeFebruary 5, 2020 12:24 am Leave your thoughts
Adding a new roof to your home can do a lot of things—help you save on energy, keep your home better protected against the elements and update the look and style of your dwelling. It also adds a significant amount of resale value to your home, and you may be able to recoup most of those costs when you eventually sell. In fact, it’s one of the best things you can do to increase your home’s value in Alaska. Here’s a closer look at some of the reasons to replace your roof:
- You’ll increase its value: Of course, the best reason to replace your roof is so it will protect your structure and belongings—but the second best one is that you’ll increase your home’s value. In fact, it could help by an average of $12,000.
- Amp up the curb appeal: Let’s face it—your old roof isn’t looking as beautiful as it once did. When you replace your roof with a high-quality metal roof, you’ll be able to get any look you want.
- Better supplies, better warranties: If you haven’t replaced your roof in over a decade (or even longer), you’ll be pleased to hear that technology has improved roofing supplies. That also translates into better warranties for you, the consumer.
- Energy savings galore: Keeping your heating and cooling costs down is important in the extreme Alaska weather. New roofs can help insulate and protect, bringing your energy costs way down.
- Pass the buyer’s building inspection: One of the toughest areas for building inspections? The roof. There are so many things that can go awry with older roofs. When you have a new and properly installed roof, you’re guaranteed to have an easier time.
What you can expect to recoup
When you install a new roof with a trustworthy, thorough roofing contractor, you can expect to get over 60 percent of your investment back in resale costs, making it one of the most lucrative investments you can make in your home. That’s even ahead of bathroom additions and backup generators. Metal roofing, thanks to its durability and longevity, often recoups even more.
Of course, the key is to pick not only high-quality supplies, but a trustworthy roofing contractor who will do a great job. Once you have those squared away, you’re sure to enjoy a slew of eager buyers.
Benefit from a new roof’s value in Alaska
Ready to replace your roof with quality metal roofing? Superior Products Inc. offers a wide variety of the highest quality metal roofing supplies and components. We’ve been supplying Alaska and the lower 48 states with the best metal roofing available since 1984. Not only are we happy to help you find the right roofing material for your home, but we’ll also offer you installation tips and tricks to make sure the job is done right. Call us today to find out how we can help you refresh your home and increase its value, whether you’re planning on selling soon or not.
Categorised in: Residential Metal Roofing
This post was written by Writer