How to Maintain Your Roof During the Fall SeasonOctober 21, 2021 10:32 pm Leave your thoughts
Fall is a crucial time for maintaining your roof because it’s your opportunity to prepare for a winter season that can be quite harsh on your exterior. If you have roof repairs you need to make or other maintenance issues that you’ve been putting off, it’s important to take care of those issues before the weather gets nasty.
Looking for some ways to prepare your roof for the fall season? Here are a few roof maintenance tips for you to consider:
- Install gutter guards: Gutter guards are an affordable investment that can pay dividends thanks to their ability to protect your gutters from debris that could clog them up or weigh them down. Think of how much time you spend cleaning your gutters each season. With gutter guards, you can almost completely eliminate that time and avoid any of the negative issues associated with gutters that are clogged with debris. Water is still able to flow through some small holes in the caps, but large debris will be kept out of the system and will blow away.
- Clean the gutters: Clean gutters are a crucial part of keeping water flowing off the roofline. Before the leaves start to fall down, clean out your gutters; then give them another look after all the leaves in your area have fallen to make sure they’re clean once again before winter arrives. If you neglect this step, melting snow and ice during and after the winter could have a hard time flowing through the gutter system.
- Trim your trees: If you have trees on your property that hang over your gutters, consider trimming them back now, so they do not result in damage to your roofing and gutters later. Just make sure that the type of trees you have should be pruned in fall, as different types of trees have their own ideal pruning times.
- Roof inspection: Before winter hits, you may consider having a roofing professional come out to inspect your roof. During their inspection, they will identify any potential problems that will necessitate some repairs or maintenance to prevent them from becoming bigger, more expensive issues. It’s much easier to get this inspection done in the fall before there is snow or ice on the roof. Do this rather than waiting for a potential problem to arise over the winter.
- Make the necessary repairs: If you know there are repairs needed to keep your roof in good shape, it’s important not to delay in making those repairs. The longer you let the problem go unaddressed, the more likely it is that it will worsen and become more challenging and expensive to repair. If you have a trusted professional who recommends roofing repairs, get those repairs done before the winter arrives, so you’re not stuck waiting until spring.
These are just a few examples of how to maintain your roof during the fall season. Need some additional advice for how to keep your roof in good shape all year long? Contact us at Superior Products, Inc. with all of your roofing questions.
Categorised in: Roofing Contractor
This post was written by Writer