How to Find a Trustworthy Roofing ContractorJanuary 22, 2020 12:23 am Leave your thoughts
When you need a good roofing contractor, it’s key that you do your research. After all, your roof helps shield your home or commercial building from the elements, so it’s crucial that you get the best installation and supplies as possible. Don’t set yourself up for disappointments, extra costs, leaks and structural damage by going with the first roofing contractor you find—follow the tips below to get someone you know will be right for the job.
As a metal roofing supplier, we know the importance of finding a trustworthy roofing contractor in Alaska. Here is some of our best advice for how to find a trusted roofer to work on your project:
- Do your research: The first thing you need to do is find at least three different companies that would be willing to give you a quote and work on your project. Call each of them and ask them to submit proposals. When they do, be sure to ask questions and get a sense of how they’d handle your roofing project. Then ask around—online reviews and the Better Business Bureau are great sources—to find out what each company’s reputation is like within the community.
- Ask for license and insurance information: You need to ensure that your contractor has the proper licensing and insurance documents, which have been kept up to date and will protect you, your home and their laborers should any incidents occur.
- Get proposals in writing: All proposals should be submitted in writing, and you should take a few days to consider them. Don’t merely go for the lowest bid (unless they’re all within 20 percent of each other, in which case it might be fine)—look for hidden costs and fees, as well as what each roofer claims to offer you.
- Ask about the details: Does the contractor offer a warranty? When is payment due? Is everything due up front, or are there payment plans available? How many layers are already up on your roof? Does the roofing supplier offer a warranty on the materials? No question is off limits!
- Set a schedule: You’ll also want to know when you can expect that the job will begin and end—at least, to the best of their knowledge. While delays can occur, it’s good to know exactly how much time you can expect to devote to construction, and if the contractor adds additional fees for delays.
- Ask about other repairs: Does your chimney, flashing or ventilation need repair? Ask your contractor what they think, as well as their opinion on how to fix it.
Trustworthy roofing contractors in Alaska
Once you’ve found your roofing contractor, you’ll need a roofing supply company to provide the materials. Superior Products Inc. has been supplying Alaska and the lower 48 states with metal roofing and other metal components since 1984. We pride ourselves on offering the finest products available, as well as installation advice so that your project goes off without a hitch. Call us today to find out why our customers love us.
Categorised in: Roofing Contractor
This post was written by Writer